Monday, October 31, 2005

Google listing

I'm #1! I'm #1!

It took a while, but I am finally #1 in the Google listing when searching for my name. Even without quotes around the name! Check it out: google listing . I probably owe some of it to my recent listing on Paul Schindler's column . Hopefully that doesn't change since he has moved to a Movable Type column. He may be cross-posting on both, which won't hurt.

I was worried that my poker tournament software listing was hurting my Google ranking, as it might be seen as a gambling site. Read more about that software in my archives.

When I was listed on Rogers Webspace, I did have #1 ranking, although that site had frames which was not search friendly; and I never changed the noframes section to reflect better content. I lost all rankings when Rogers switched to Yahoo and Geocities, even when I forwarded my pages to the new one for a while. My old pages are actually still available at: webarchive.org . Hopefully, Blogger.com stays around much longer so I don't have to move the site around. At least it can stay permanent while my static site moves around, and I just link to it from here. (It's link is at the side).

I'm also tweaking the site to come up with better "posting" so the "Read more" only shows up when there is more to read...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home